This 2015 year was so incredible that I found it imperative to thank everyone involved in it, at least with a simple post.
First of all, a little review of 2015:
- 9 subjects done at University (only 25 left until I graduate!!), with an average grade of 7
- 12 books read, see the list here!
- 3 blog posts (4 with this one)
- 85 students brought into the world of web development (Yay!)
- 8 talks
- CSSConf, Melbourne, Australia
- BA Front End (May), Buenos Aires, Argentina
- WordCamp, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Chicas Poderosas, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- GDG Devfest, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- BA Front End (October), Buenos Aires, Argentina
- SassSummit, Online talk
- Front In Sampa, São Paulo, Brazil
- 1 workshop
- SassConf, Austin, Texas
It was, for me, an incredible year. So here are the proper thanks to everyone involved:
- Conference organizers:
- You made this happen! Thank you for having faith in me and inviting me to give a talk/workshop at your event. Special thanks must go to all the people behind CSSConf Australia, Front In Sampa and SassConf: You all made an extra effort in order to invite me, I live in the Ass of The World, plane tickets are quite expensive and if it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t had have a chance at speaking in an international event such as yours. This is what a community event feels like. The place where you are born should never be a drawback. Thank you for making me feel so welcome <3
- And let me make a little recommendation for other conference organizers: Please make sure you tell me everything about expenses on your CFP, since I sadly won 2 more conference and I was unable to attend because I couldn’t afford them. Just let me know if you cover travel and/or accommodation and whether you have a limit of money to cover those (ScotlandCSS is wonderful on that “up to £500 for travel and accommodation“). It’s ok if you cannot afford everything, but please let everyone know in the CFP.
- Family and friends:
- Oh well, if it were for me and my lack of self-confidence I would have rejected more than one conference. Thank you friends, family and pets who always have more faith in me than I have in myself.
- You teach me more than I can ever teach you. Thank you for attending my classes and laughing at my silly jokes!
And now comes 2016…
- New website! I’m working on it and it will probably be up by January 10th.
- I’ll try to make at least 7 subjects on University next year, with a better grade, hopefully.
- CSSConf Argentina is around the corner! I’m working with a great team on that!
- And last but not least, I hope I get to teach more people the wonders of the web!